Enable your customers when you’re not in the room and increase your existing team’s capacity to be proactive by giving your customers a roadmap for successful adoption.
1. Process mapping
- write out everything that needs to happen in onboarding (your tasks and the customers)
- group tasks into phases that lead to a defined milestone. Eg Kickoff, Account Setup, Training, Launch
- create a new pipeline using deals or tickets in HubSpot with your groups as stage names
- add required fields that define the data required for each milestone
↳ outcome-oriented process, defined in data
2. Onboarding plan template
- install the Arrows app (search onboarding in the HubSpot marketplace)
- add your tasks and phases to the template from step 1
- add task descriptions & actions from our swipe file (in the comments)
3. Plan creation
- when a sales deal closes, create an onboarding deal/ticket in your new pipeline (either manually or via workflow)
- add a customer-facing plan from the Arrows widget in the right sidebar of your onboarding record in HubSpot using your template
↳ include contacts as participants and make any tweaks specific to that customers
4. Share the plan
- introduce onboarding with a welcome email that includes the link to your plan and outlines the first task to do
- automatically send reminders for upcoming and past due tasks
- see progress in real-time in HubSpot and Slack
5. Measure, repeat, iterate
- track progress through your HubSpot pipeline
- rollup plan performance for all customers (or specific segments) in HubSpot reporting
- identify the bottlenecks and optimize your plan
Scaling customer success doesn’t have to mean never talking to customers.
But it does mean enabling them to make progress when you’re not together.
Adding a customer-facing plan to your internal process in HubSpot can free you from endless email back and forth and speed up time-to-value.
Create your first plan for free with Arrows