Creating a quick visualization for the trend ⬆ ⬇ ⬅ ➡ of a property not only gives your team a quick directional indication of what’s going on, but grouping trending scores into a dropdown select field also gives you more structured data for reporting and further automation.
Create a “Previous Property Value” field, in this case: Previous Health Score.
Create a calculated “Trend” property that uses a Custom Equation to Subtract the Current Property value from the Previous property value.
Create a dropdown select “Property Trend” field, in this case “Health Score Trend”.
1. Trigger this workflow when “Calculated Health Score” is known (ensure re-enrollment is turned on so the workflow is triggered whenever the value changes)
2. Add an IF/THEN branch that checks if our calculated trend property is less than or greater than
3. IF “Trend” is greater than 0 set the “Health Score Trend” property to ⬆
4. IF “Trend” is less than 0 set the “Health Score Trend” property to ⬇
5. IF “Trend” is 0 (when criteria not met in the IF/THEN) set the “Health Score Trend” property to ⬅ ➡
6. For each branch in the IF/THEN logic add a “Go to action” that goes to step 7
7. Copy the current value of the “Calculated Health Score” property to the “Previous Health Score” property, to ensure the data is correct the next time the workflow runs
Showing the trending direction of a property can be a helpful way to quickly identify accounts that need attention, or have new potential. Aggregating property ranges in a dropdown select property makes filtering and reporting simpler to save time prioritizing what needs attention.